What are you reading? Start Now!

• Julia White

March 16, 2022 at 5:38 pm

I’ve done a couple of classes already, but I’m currently working through Essentials of Effective Teaching. I’m currently reading The Liberal Arts Tradition- really liking it!

• Lisa Mayeux

Organizer
    March 17, 2022 at 12:48 pm

@juliawhite , this course has wonderful and practical recommendations. I am enjoying it as well! What have been some points you have appreciated so far?

The Liberal Arts Tradition is one of those books I have read several times and use as a reference for both its text and as a book list! What has been most thought provoking so far?

• Julia White

March 18, 2022 at 9:29 am

I’m still very early in the course, but, though we are on spring break now, I am looking forward to doing the activity of discovering what kind of teaching styles I am using throughout the week and exploring more of the apprenticeship model.

The book has been great all around. I am much more familiar with the trivium than the quadrivium. Learning about math and science from a classical perspective has been eye opening, though in a ‘I will need to read much more about this before I can get my head around it’ kind of way. But it sounds beautiful.