Lesson 5, Topic 2
- Why is it important to regard fundraising as a ministry?
- Discuss Russ’s suggestion that we should focus primarily on “loving the donor” rather than obtaining donations.
- What do you think of Hope Academy’s one hour, monthly “Tour of Hope?” What might your school do that would be similar?
- Why does Russ stress the importance of visitors actually seeing the school?
- Why does Russ think that hosting events (like golf outings, auctions, etc.) may not be the wisest way to raise funds?
- Why does Russ think it dangerous to rely on the donations of mega donors who can give $500,000 or more?
- What does Russ mean when he says that we should focus on the story not the program?
- Discuss the implications for fundraising of the verse from Ps. 127–“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who labor labor in vain.”