Lesson 1 of 33
Conversation 1: Why Study Poetry? (Preview Content)
- (00:40) Poetry shows us that not everyone thinks the way we do.
- (02:14) Poetry gives us back the hour. Poetry allows the dead to mentor us.
- (06:00) Poems wake us up. They make us alert.
- (07:30) Poems give you access to another person’s life in a very intimate way.
- (07:40) Totalitarian governments shut down the language artists (poets in particular).
- (10:15) Your relationship to language changes when you study poetry.
- (10:50) Poetry helps you to learn how to interpret.
- (11:40) Poetry gives you a sense of metaphor.
0% Complete 0/1 Steps