Back to Course
On Teaching Fairy Stories
LessonsLesson 1: What is a Fairy Story? (Preview Content)3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 2: Why Teach Fairy Stories?2 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 3: Building Bridges3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 4: Exemplum: The Hobbit3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 5: Christina Rosetti, “Goblin Market”3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 6: Fairy Book Resources3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 7: Wonder in the Classroom2 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 8: Rhetorical Wonder3 Topics|1 Quiz
End of Course TestEnd of Course Test: Teaching Fairy Stories1 Quiz
Lesson 2, Topic 2
- Discuss C.S. Lewis’ reasoning (summarized in this session) for teaching fairy stories to children.
- Discuss Dr. Junius Johnson’s reasons for teaching fairy stories to children.
- Discuss the following concepts from this lesson:
- For too long, education has been about disenchanting the world and demythologizing it.
- Classical education is a response to this pushing back to an enchanted cosmos.