ClassicalU has partnered with the Templeton Honors College at Eastern University to offer transferable online graduate credits for designated courses on ClassicalU. Subscribers can earn standalone credits, or apply to Templeton to have credits count toward a Master of Arts in Classical Teaching. Following is a description of the benefits available to you and an overview of the process for registering and taking Templeton graduate courses.
Benefit #1: Earn Standalone Graduate Credits for Templeton Courses on ClassicalU
Several courses on ClassicalU are designated as Templeton Honors College courses. Any ClassicalU subscriber can register to take a Templeton course for graduate credit. All credits are issued by the Templeton Honors College at Eastern University, an accredited college, and are transferable to other accredited colleges across the United States.
Benefit #2: Apply to the MAT Degree Program at Templeton
It is easy to register and take individual Templeton courses on ClassicalU.com for standalone graduate credit as non-degree-earning students. Some of you, however, may also wish to apply to Templeton’s MAT in Classical Teaching degree program, which requires 30 credits. If you are accepted into the MAT program, any Templeton graduate courses you have successfully completed on ClassicalU will count toward your MAT degree.
Please note that at this time, not all of the required courses for the MAT are available on ClassicalU.com. This means that in order to complete the MAT degree, you must complete some courses on site at the Templeton campus in St. Davids, Pennsylvania.
Process for Taking a Templeton Course for Graduate Credit:
- Go to the Course Finder page and select “Graduate Courses.”
- Click on the Templeton graduate course you would like to take and follow the prompts to register for the course.
- Be sure to respond to the e-mail from Templeton Honors College prompting you for tuition payment.
- Follow the prompt to join the associated Templeton course Group to participate in discussions with fellow educators, access and share resource documents, etc.
- Complete the entire course, including submission of all required assignments and assessments.
- Receive your transcript/certificate from the Templeton Honors College at Eastern University, which will indicate the transferable graduate credits you have earned.
- If you later apply and are accepted into the MAT degree program, any Templeton graduate courses you have successfully completed on ClassicalU will count toward your MAT degree.
Process for Applying and Enrolling in the Templeton MAT Degree Program:
- Go to the Templeton Courses page and scroll to the “Apply to the MAT” section, or click here: MAT Application.
- Follow all of the prompts to submit your application to the MAT degree program.
- Templeton will review your application and notify you directly if you are accepted into the degree program.
- Follow all of the steps above for taking a Templeton course on ClassicalU for graduate credit.
- All of the designated graduate-level Templeton courses that you successfully complete on ClassicalU.com will count toward your MAT degree!
- Carefully read all of the info on this page and on the Templeton Courses page.
- Carefully read the information on the Templeton Honors College website.
- E-mail us at email@example.com.
- Call 1-866-730-0711, ext. 4, to talk to a ClassicalU staff member.