How do you teach in a Christian school with regards to evolution and creation?

• How do you teach in a Christian school with regards to evolution and creation?

Posted by Dr. Ralph Spraker on March 22, 2022 at 7:24 am

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty,

Maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen…

I have been teaching more than 25 years in both secular and Christian Universities “Intelligent Design” as William Dembski has proposed. We should extend insights, which have proved fruitful in other fields, to Natural Philosophy. According to Dembski, “Whenever we infer design, we must establish three things: Contingency, Complexity, and Specification” (Beckwith, n.d.).

Contingency,” by which we mean that an event was one of several possibilities, ensures that the object is not the result of an automatic and hence unintelligent process.”

Complexity,” writes Dembski, “ensures that the object in question is not so simple that it can readily be explained by chance.”

Specification ensures that this object exhibits the type of pattern that is the trademark of intelligence” (Behe, Dembski, & Meyer, 2000).

My typical example is from Information Technology. If I found information (e.g., a computer virus as an email attachment), I would not say, “Look what Nature has wrought!” Instead, I would infer that a Coder has Intelligently Designed a program to destroy my system!” So, when I find information in DNA, I see the evidence for a Coder.

References

Beckwith, F. J. (n.d.). Intelligent Design in the Schools. Retrieved from CRI: https://www.equip.org/article/intelligent-design-in-the-schools/<w:sdtpr></w:sdtpr&gt;

<w:sdt bibliography=”t”>

</w:sdt>

Behe, M.J., Dembski, W.A. and Meyer, S.C. (2000). Science and Evidence for Design in the Universe, The Proceedings of the Wethersfield Institute (9). San Francisco: Ignatius Press.

In the Lamb,

Ralph “Rafe” E. Spraker, Jr.

PhD, MSSE, IMA, MA, BA

Quia Lex per Mosen data est Gratia et Veritas per Iesum Christum facta est

Dr. Ralph Spraker replied 2 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.