Back to Course
Plato: The Great Philosopher-Educator
LessonsLesson 1: Plato's Biography & Historical Context (Preview Content)4Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 2: Plato's Educational Context4Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 3: The Nature and Purpose of Education4Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 4: Plato's Model of Education3Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 5: Plato's Legacy and Relevance3Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 6: Closing Thoughts1 Quiz
End of Course TestEnd of Course Test: Plato1 Quiz
Lesson 1, Topic 3
- When you hear the name Plato, what associations come to mind? In other words, how has Plato’s legacy reached you, whether through formal study or indirectly?
- What are your initial impressions of how much Plato has influenced you in your pedagogical theory and practice?
- What were the major cultural differences between Sparta and Athens?
- How were the cultural strengths and weaknesses of Sparta similar to or different from those of our own society?
- How were the cultural strengths and weaknesses of Athens similar to or different from those of our own society?