Lesson 12, Topic 3
- How has your school or homeschool recovered the liberal art of music? What are the pedagogical implications of this for your school or homeschool?
- Why where Astronomy and Music so important to the classical curriculum? How are them important today?
- Why is it important that Kepler and Copernicus recognized that there need be no opposition between mathematics and material reality? What Pythagorean hope was fulfilled in this Christian thought?
- What pedagogies have you employed that allow students to know from the sensible to the intelligible? Consider how much of your mathematics curriculum is based upon students moving from the intelligible to the sensible? How often are students given opportunities to move from the sensible to the intelligible?
- What is meant by the “narrative of discovery”?