Deep Dive technique-Reflection

• Deep Dive technique-Reflection

Posted by Sarah Flynn on June 23, 2021 at 2:56 am

Joshua Gibbs is an awesome lecturer. Blowing my mind. Preach it Josh! This is not a superintellectual discussion starter I know! But I want to share my excitement in being part of.

I look forward to doing a deep dive assignment with my music class students (as this is my only subject area at present). This will work for us well as getting into deep evaluation skills is always a challenge. Also, it may provide the cognitive links from surface knowledge to deeper analyses. I often find my students miss making the links. They get an intuitive sense of deeper meaning but they cannot explain exactly, the examples from the music that communicates this. An unbroken list of questions may provide a path and lead to better music analysis writing.

Sarah Flynn replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Julie Leppert

August 25, 2021 at 10:11 am

I am new here, Sarah, but also am interested in deep work in music. I am learning cello.

• Sarah Flynn

October 1, 2021 at 2:32 am

Hi Julie, Cello is my main classical instrument, I love its timbre so much. All the best on your journey. What would a ‘deep dive’ look like for you? If you are interested in the classical approach to music I encourage you to join that group page I hope to engage some interesting discussions there.