Apply for certification track

Tagged: 

• Rebecca Richard

Organizer
    February 26, 2024 at 9:59 am

Greetings @Rachel-Peters

Thank you for the question here. We are glad to hear of your interest. There is no application process to enroll in the Educator Mastery certification pathway. You will need to be either a ClassicalU subscriber with a monthly or annual subscription. Or, register as a Scholé Communities member with a Gold membership (requires that you belong to an enrolled local scholé community or cohort).

There is no limit of time by which you must have completed the pathway. It is meant to be self-pace. To help with the planning process, we have provided a restful estimated timeline of 2 years when committing roughly an hour a week to the certification track. Because the Educator Mastery is cumulative, you will earn both the Educator Intensive and Mastery certificates.

Below is a screenshot of the courses included in the Mastery certification which can be found on the Scholé Certification page linked above. For your convenience, there is a checklist provided with the core courses and elective options. The booklist is merely suggested and not required reading.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email Rebecca at support@classicalu.com.

• Rachel

February 28, 2024 at 5:15 am

Thank you very much for your answer! Everything is clear to me now 🙂

• Rebecca Richard

Organizer
        February 29, 2024 at 8:19 pm

I’m glad to hear this Rachel. Feel free to comment in this group or at the support email (support@classicalu.com) with any further questions.

~Rebecca

• 3scholarz

March 14, 2024 at 11:06 pm

I am so glad to see this discussion. I have struggled with studying the courses alone. I note that you mentioned that for the Mastery Certificate you must have a ClassicalU membership or be part of a Schola group. How does one join the new Adult Schola group and will that meet the requirements for the Mastery Certificate?

With thanks,

Alicia

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  3scholarz.
    • Rebecca Richard

Organizer
      March 18, 2024 at 11:29 am

Hi Alicia,

I’m glad you found this discussion and asked your question. In order to complete any of the ScholĂ© Pathways, a ClassicalU subscription is necessary, either as a monthly/annual subscription OR by purchasing a ScholĂ© Gold membership. This membership is afforded to registered local ScholĂ© Communities (co-ops, hybrid schools, or adult learning communities we call cohorts). In order to register one of these ScholĂ© Communities, you will need at least 3 families (or adults in the case of a cohort) (including yourself) to enroll with the network and for each family to register their level of membership (either Silver or Gold). A Gold membership provides full ClassicalU course access, whereas a Silver membership provides access to 7 core ClassicalU courses fit for a scholĂ© community. Please visit the website to view the benefits and support for each level. I would be happy to put you in touch with the Network Administrator for ScholĂ© Communities if you would like to discuss your options further.