Back to Course
Course 3: Practice of Scholé
Lesson 1: Morning Time (Preview Content)3 Topics
Lesson 2: Discussion of Morning Time (Preview Content)2 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 3: Reading Aloud3 Topics
Lesson 4: Poetry3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 5: Discussion of Narration3 Topics
Lesson 6: Intro to Liturgical Learning3 Topics
Lesson 7: Scholé Lunches3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 8: Discussion of Scholé Lunches3 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 3, Topic 3
- Share the titles of your family’s favorite books that you have read aloud together. Share these titles and experiences on the course forum as well.
- What are some of your favorite resources for finding good books to read with your children?
- Discuss your favorite benefits of reading aloud from the list that Kathy shared or from your own experience.
- How might you resist the draw to cater to the fear of leaving “holes” in your child’s education?
- Discuss how to discern between books that “sermonize and sketch out character lessons” and “stories that make virtue attractive even as they portray vice”.