Lesson 7, Topic 3
- Discuss the ways in which fuzzy, abstract planning affects teaching and student learning.
- How can you establish clear learning targets that students will also understand and appreciate?
- Why will sharing learning targets with students likely motivate rather than discourage them?
- Discuss the ways you might design learning targets that build on previous lessons and involve thinking skills.
- What thinking skills would be appropriate to include as learning targets in your classes during the coming weeks? Why?
- What do you think the average child should be able to achieve in your class? Use this knowledge to determine what your learning targets should be in the coming weeks.