- Why do you think Wes Callihan lists humility and gratitude as the chief virtues for the teacher of history?
- Evaluate Wes Callihan’s claim that “the essence of education historically is the reading of good books and discussing them with like-minded people.”
- Why is copiousness an important quality for the teacher of history?
- Why does Wes Callihan regard “the narrative nature of history” to be important to know and teach?
- What does Wes Callihan regard to be the ultimate purpose for studying history?