Assignments and Action Steps
Create a lesson plan describing and explaining the following questions:
(1) Which objectives does this chapter fulfill?
(2) In what measurable ways can I assess how the students are not only learning, but also applying this objective?
(3) What does student success look like with regard to this objective?
(4) What dialectic should I integrate to enhance the objective?
(5) Which executive function skills should I expect of the students in approaching this objective?
(6) In what measurable ways can I assess the mastery of my integration, and the students’ approach to this objective?
Consider the methods for testing validity presented in ch. 8. Write an explanation listing your preferred methods from highest to lowest. Be sure to include reasons for why you prefer one method over the other, the usefulness of the methods, which ones you think will present challenges to your students, and how you might combine methods to demonstrate them to the class.